About the role
The Web Developer provides multi-level support to the Communications, Branding & Marketing Division, with a particular focus on ongoing upkeep of the Company’s portfolio of websites. Working from a solid educational foundation in web design, computer science, computing, maths, or related fields, they are expected to be flexible and nimble in their role to manage short- and long-term projects as well as dealing with day-to-day communications tasks.
Ultimately the Web Developer is responsible for maintaining a growing stable of online platforms, all based on WordPress and hosted on external servers. Growing from three external facing sites and an internal communications platform, the Company expects to house a portfolio of around 10-12 platforms within 12 months, including e-Commerce capabilities. The role will work within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure best practice and actively contribute to the success of the business.
Desirable candidates will possess:
- Experience managing multiple web development tasks simultaneously
- Experience with Elementor Pro and custom WordPress forms as well as e-Commerce plugins (i.e. Shopify)
- Understanding of server architecture and experience of server-side frameworks, e.g. python, Java, ASP
- Experience of network diagnostic and analytics tools
- A strong understanding of SEO
- An eye for detail
- An ability to work independently and at distance where necessary
- An inquisitive mind, unafraid of scientific information or new concepts, able to distil the complex and abstract into clear, concise narratives
- Native or flawless English, with knowledge of other European languages (particularly German/ French/Italian) an advantage
Further details & application
The role will be remote but with regular attendance at the office in Leatherhead, Surrey; some European travel may be required. Working across the global business as part of a high-performing team there is an expectation of out-of-hours flexibility to deliver on projects. Salary commensurate with experience.
Candidates must provide a folio of work to be considered for this role.